Moffat Golf Club was founded in 1884. In 1904, Ben Sayers of North Berwick was invited to design the present 18-hole course.
Located high on Coats Hill overlooking the town it commands splendid views in all directions.
It was ideal land on which to build a golf course and Ben Sayers successfully incorporated all the natural undulations and hazards into his layout.
Many golfers would agree that he succeeded in creating one of the most attractive, varied and interesting inland courses in the country with its deceptive approach shots combined with subtle greens to ensure that scoring is never easy.
The course is often referred to as “the jewel in the South“ where a round of golf is always both challenging and inspiring.